Saturday 1 March 2008

Idyll

I'm thinking about getting started on my term paper for lit. & the other arts, but Galadriel is being a stubborn bitch and it's not going anywhere. Or maybe it's just me being in a lazy mood. Haven't done anything since yesterday afternoon but laze around and read novels. Feel like one of the women Austen laughs at in "Mansfield Park". Not that I'm elegant in the least, or concerned with frills and trinkets, but I feel just as lazy as they portrayed themselves to society. Feel too lazy to even try to correct that sentence, though it doesn't say what I want it to.

Not that I did any work yesterday morning either. Got to uni. at 11:30, met Reeti coming out of the U.G. Arts building, then saw The Soliloquist and Cyber Monkey lazing on the grass outside, sorry, studying French. They really were, but that didn't last once Reeti and I joined them. We sat around till 12:00, then Reeti, who, poor dear, is burdened with a conscience, went off to do class. Cyber Monkey showed signs of wanting to follow her, but ended up staying. So the three of us stayed in the baking sun for a while before relocating to the other, shadier, side of the tree and watched dragon-flies skimming the sunlit water, skipped oddly-misshapen yet beautiful fruit across the water and picnicked (is that even a word?) on sun-warmed biscuits and coffee, or, in my case, cold sherbet masquerading as tea. We trooped upstairs at 12:45 and perched on the Comp. Lit. ledge with Rudrani, who had arrived by then, till the class that we had bunked ended.

Then we watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory till 3:00. Oh, the fabulousness that is Johnny Depp. Then the rest took off to Monida's and I half-dozed through Rimidi's class. Joined the others, ho, lazy bums, were again sitting on the grass and The Teaspoon, The Soliloquist and I went to collect photocopies. When I left campus, most of the gang had also left, or were on the verge of leaving, but Cyber Monkey and The Soliloquist, in an echo of the morning were still sitting on the grass, looking out over the sunlit water and the green weeds around the water's edge.

I still feel sun-drunk.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

reeeally good day...much guilt...but reeeally warmfuzzy!

Rhea Silvia said...

@Cyber Monkey,
a) Post as Cyber Monkey, pliss.
b) Why the guilt? Eh?
c) Really was.
d) Post on Project 97 before I kill you.

CheshireCat said...

warmfuzzy feeling....

mmmmm....

Really Really like this post.
:)

Rhea Silvia said...

Than you, m'dear.

Reeti said...

Hahaha!It wasn't so much the conscience as it was cluelessness...*reminds*...i hadnt been to class for 2 weeks before that,remember?was completely clued out...but,was a fun grassy day.Nice post :)