Saturday 18 October 2008

Arunachal VI: Bomdila

The resort is called Elysium. Hmph.

Very pretty, though. Down from a deserted-looking terrace to a set of rooms fronted by a balcony with lovwly flowers. There's a greenhouse nearby that I wish I could get into. This is a good place on the whole-- nice wood floors and good view and pretty bathrooms.

Good food, too. Though, really, in this weather: warm = good.

Scotch is being drunk. Not by me. I'm buried under a quilt, sweaters still on. It's more than 8,000 ft up. We're going at least double that.

Dinner = warm = good. The manager says it's 4-6 degrees Celcius. Brrr.

Before I forget, there's a humongous stray dog-- well, I'm referring to breed, not ownership or lack thereof-- belonging to the manager, or at least the place. We called it-- this is before we knew-- and it came running up. Raka thought it was chasing her and scrambled off.

Just swaddled the precious SLR camera (film *sigh*) in blankets and woolens. Froze on us, last trip.

Morning's all sun-dappled mountains and tin-roofed houses and cricket chorus.