Wednesday 21 May 2008

To Errant Knights

Why did you believe this lie,
No different from all the others,
And leave, and leave me,
Mouth twisted in a snarl
To hold back sobs,
My back against the wall,
Facing, again, the world alone?

Surely you know me well enough,
Why didn't you laugh in my face
And fold me in your arms,
And let me spend all my anger,
Till I faded and let it turn to tears.
You've done it often enough.
Were you tired of being my shield?

Poor double-sided shield,
Battered at from inside and out.
I shan't blame you for growing impatient,
And leaving to find those
Who are content to be solely
Damsels in distress and
Never try on your armour for size.

2 comments:

cyber monkey said...

is this about what i think it's about?

Rhea Silvia said...

erm...yeah? kinda? too sappy?