Thursday 18 September 2008

The Loony Buns



That's us, taken a while back. All the JUDE lot, plus a few others. And there's the photographer who, obviously, isn't included. And a couple of people, sadly, were unable to make it. And Reeti was there but wandered off before the pic was taken, or something. *shrugs*

There's about twenty of us, give or take one. And I dunno what there is to say, really, that that doesn't tell you. Twenty people, aged 18-21, very few of whom knew each other before JUDE, who don't share all the same interests, who could have got into huge ego clashes, have instead formed and remained in a single large group for one and a half years, now. If anything, we've grown closer and all the interlinked groups of three or four which existed at the beginning of last year, have become on huge group. (and, yes, i shall use the word group.)

I really don't know how to express what that makes me feel. I've never had very many friends in school, maybe two or three at the most. So it's a huge surprise to see that I can talk to, gossip with, discuss random rubbish and/or highly esoteric things with almost anyone in this group. It's odd to realise that nobody minds listening to my problems, however small. It's heartening to see everyone jump to the defense of any one of us, even though, and perhaps especially though, they start a blog-war during it. It's wierd that I can just sit quietly with someone. And every time someone does something nice for me, without any return or hope of return, I'm surprised.

And I want to always be that surprised. I've not had very many friends, and I never want to grow used to the idea that I have so many of them. I never want to stop appreciating them.

So, long live the Loony Buns. May they stay forever random, forever insane and forever friends.

P.S. I also adore having such lovely seniors. But that's another post.

P.P.S. This was inspired by this post. *hugs author of said post*

9 comments:

rukmini said...

\m/ (as usual)

Rhea Silvia said...

@ ruki,

thanks.

Magically Bored said...

We rule!
By the way, picture taken from my camera. :D

Puck said...

Yes yes. Lovely color accent. We must have shades and spots of green day, and use my cam.

Love you all.

storyteller said...

:) Lovely post.

Rhea Silvia said...

@fishy,
we do. yes, i know.

@the observer,
arrange green day, please.

@shreya,
thanks.

cyber monkey said...

haha! greenday! :D
yes, i know i've said that twice today...
verynice post! :)

Rhea Silvia said...

@cm,
yes, yes you have. also, thankies.

Shree said...

yeah yeah green day! :D
I don't want to comment, that's all. All I want to say is, I am GLAD (even that is an understatement; and i LOVE you people. Shotti, toder chhara ami kothaye thaktam?
*huggies* :P